From the ashes of the post-apocalyptic era, the Solar Marines rise once again to hunt and destroy an emerging threat - The Entitled.
Before the post-apocalyptic era, The Entitled were the cause of human misery across the planet but were mostly wiped out during the Chaos Wars. Remnants of the once elite Entitled have now reformed in the Gotanda Savanna and vow to restore misery to the human race once again.
The return of the Chaos Wars is inevitable, but this time the Solar Marines will bring order to Chaos by removing what powers The Entitled - "Entitlement..."
About the uniforms
While we were working on the PC bikes in 2021, I realized that we needed some biker gear, so we started the uniform development around the same time.
However, I added some design features that would not normally be considered "bike safe" - like the bell bottoms, for example.
I also made the sleeves a similar shape because the wrist joints looked odd when holding the bike handlebars at an angle.
As for the PC bike - priorities meant that we needed to drop the project.
The uniform is a two-piece set consisting of a jacket and pants. Some photos show the uniform worn with Combat Gloves and Vinyl Chelsea Boots but are not included.
Made in Gifu Japan, the uniform comes in 2 styles at the moment - Volcano and Glacier. We did make a Forest prototype, but I'm not sure about the colors at the moment.
I love the Solar Marine Uniform and plan to keep it on as a regular item, but I think some folks would want to steer clear for the following reasons.
Reasons Not To Buy
- Both jacket and pants are a tight fit - some folks may break into a sweat trying to dress their Smart Doll. If you start sweating, don't sweat on your Smart Doll as they may slap you.
- As the uniforms were originally designed to be worn while riding the PC Bike, we had to remove the support socket slit from the pants because it would shift down while sitting - it ended up where the Smart Doll usually does a poo... For this reason, you may need to undo the zip or snap button to attach the stand.
- The Volcano version has a zip on the pants, which could cause a scuff mark on the botty if your Smart Doll is not wearing an inner. Scuff marks can usually be removed with a melamine sponge.
- The Glacier version was made after Volcano and has a snap button on the pants instead.
- Revealed back in March 2021, the main reason it took so long to release the uniform was because I wanted to field test and see what stain rating it should have.
I am pleased to say that both Volcano and Glacier left no stains on my girls. However, they still get the "low" rating, which means there is a small chance of staining as they are so body-hugging - and because I have not field-tested in climates worldwide.
Folks can opt to use a stain prevention inner, but due to the tight fit - I don't think you will be able to wear the uniform with an inner and expect to be able to pose your Smart Doll.
If you are worried about staining, ask folks who already have the uniform or steer clear.
- The emblem is purposely positioned to be seen better from the front - this will bother folks who want the emblem in the middle of the shoulder.
- The uniform has been given a stonewash to create a used look and feel, but the emblem also looks worn and fuzzy.
- The Volcano version looks more weathered as its the darkest. The Glacier has been through the same weathering process but the light color makes it difficult to see.
- The weathering process causes paint chips on the zips and random patterns on the snap buttons.
- The elbow design has a padded look which some folks may feel is bulky.
- Can only fit up to Medium Smooth bust.
- If you bought expensive shoes, the bell bottoms will cover most of it - so you may as well go for the vinyl boots that cost less.
- As with all form fitting Smart Doll wear, the uniform may restrict articulation meaning that your Smart Doll may not be able to do the circus acrobatics that they usually get up to when you are asleep.
- Accessories such as the Combat Belt and Combat Cape are designed to go well with the uniform - but will be sold separately.
- You could (nearly) get another Smart Doll instead of buying both uniforms - but your Smart Doll may get jealous about the new member and slap you yet again.
- If you do decide to get another Smart Doll instead of the uniforms, she and your existing Smart Dolls may now be able to stand on each other's shoulders to get to your wallet and buy the uniforms anyway.